COVID-19 Operational Updates
Get the latest mobility updates
COVID-19 Operational Updates
For most of us, the recent spread of COVID-19 has changed the way we live, work, and interact with others. Now more than ever, community is vital to our everyday lives, as both a company and a society. Here’s a quick look at some of the ways we’re doing our part to provide the best possible service for you and your transferring employees and their families:
- We have implemented a 100% remote workforce.
- We remain fully operational, delivering services worldwide, where possible.
- We will continue to communicate information as it becomes available.
The NuCompass Supplier Management Team is in constant communication with our supplier partners, actively working together to ensure safety and transparency. Below is a summary of current conditions:
- All of our suppliers are operating with heightened vigilance and are following the recommendations of WHO, CDC, and other global authorities.
- Supplier response is dependent on the severity of the outbreak in the location, as well as local authority actions. Some disruption in service delivery is to be expected.
- Most of our suppliers have remote work policies in place, either voluntary or mandatory. All of our suppliers are are taking appropriate precautions to continue providing support.
- There have been some reported connectivity and Internet issues, due to the increase of people working virtually. Mobile phones may be interrupted with an “all circuits are busy” message. We are working with our corporate housing providers to provide boosters for transferring employees if needed, which may have an associated cost.
- Where services can be delivered virtually, these will continue without interruption. This includes Language and Spousal Support.
- Area Orientation, Settling-In, and Rental Assistance providers will suspend face-to-face meetings in most locations, but virtual support will be offered.
- Similar adjustments will be made for Inspections, appraisals, and title. If title services are impacted due to closures of county government buildings, we will do our best to make other arrangements.
- Household good movers are considered one of the essential services, even in California. Our movers will continue to pack and deliver shipments. but we anticipate more restrictions on travel and public exposure. Air Freight rates are increasing, which is expected to continue for an extended period.
- Activities at customs and other government offices could be curtailed or suspended, depending on location. This will bring delays and additional costs as shipments may not clear through customs as quickly as expected or, once cleared, transportation to residence may be impacted.
- Corporate Housing suppliers are suspending housekeeping services in most cases. Maintenance requests will be postponed if not urgent. Many multi-family building managers are closing amenities, such as business centers, gyms and pools. They are also cleaning all high traffic and common areas more frequently.
Needless to say, we will continue to see ongoing impacts to global mobility services. Our goal is to keep you apprised of changes that will affect you and your relocating employees.