Tech Support Engineer
We are currently looking for a Tech Support Engineer who has excellent understanding of computers, Infrastructure, and business applications. They must possess superior technical aptitude as well as the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. It is vital that this role is carried out in a professional, courteous and friendly manner. NuCompass Mobility Services, Inc. (NCM) is a global relocation management services firm with a commitment to providing outstanding service through creative solutions and innovative technology. This position is located in our Dallas, TX office.
Helpdesk - Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
Applications - Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
Software/Security Project - Works with project team, participates in development and/or QA projects by reviewing and understanding project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering needed information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; communicating status and issues to appropriate team members and stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Management Information Systems, or equivalent technology experience.
- Working knowledge of any one of the following - C#, VB .Net, Java, or C++ .
- 3+ years’ experience with end-user support process for desktops and laptops (first-call resolution, problem tracking via automated, prioritize work request)
- 3+ years working knowledge of Windows, Active Directory, Terminal Servers, Group Policy and/or related technologies
- Working knowledge of O365, Microsoft365 and Azure cloud services
- Experience with Relational or NoSQL DBs and development experience in application development (SDLC)
- Enjoys working with people
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Prides himself or herself in providing excellent customer service
- Willing to learn on the job