Relocation Manager, EMEA – London, UK
NuCompass Mobility Services, Inc. is a global relocation management services company with a commitment to providing outstanding service through creative solutions and innovative technology. Our vision is to be known as the best relocation partner in the industry.
The Relocation Manager is responsible for managing and delivering relocation or assignment services for employees relocating from one country to another country, or within a country (non-US). The services are defined by client program and contract, and support a permanent move or an international assignment. The Relocation Manager is the single point of responsibility for the relocating employee or assignee, and is fully accountable for administering the client’s program from initiation through completion of the relocation or assignment.
The Relocation Manager supports the Director Client Relations (DCR) responsible for the overall client relationship and is a resource for the client’s local/regional HR representative and business contacts in the region.
- This is a dual role supporting our client’s local contacts and administering relocation services to their relocating employees and assignees.
- Fully responsible for assigned global relocating employees, ensuring a high level of satisfaction by proactively identifying potential problems and proposing solutions, resolving issues in a timely manner, providing expert advice and support to the employee and client, as needed.
- Administers all services authorized to accomplish successful relocations and assignments with a focus on cost containment and best value for the client.
- Conducts needs assessments, prepares cost estimates, assignment agreements, and expatriate compensation balance sheets.
- Manages to client relocation program, addresses exception requests, obtains approvals and monitors associated costs.
- Counsels employees/assignees on their corporate relocation program and the tools available to support their move or assignment.
- Supports Supplier Management team in working with regional supplier partners to achieve a successful relocation or assignment experience. Establishes a strong day to day relationship and sets appropriate expectations with local/regional suppliers to ensure quality performance of suppliers.
- Utilizes the NuCompass systems in conjunction with other tools as provided/required, to maximize productivity, reduce administrative burden, provide complete and accurate documentation, and ensure data integrity.
- Captures all available referral fees. Ensures all fees and expenses are accurately entered and invoiced.
- Works closely with DCR to understand overall client strategy and assist in identifying needs of local HR and other business contacts and communicate these to DCR and Sr. Manager, Global Operations.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with corporate clients
- Plans, attends and conducts client meetings as appropriate and requested.
- Works with the Client Relations Director and Sr. Manager, Global Operations to create/execute client account plans.
- Acts as a resource within the region to assist our client’s local HR representatives with relocation support and counsel.
- In-depth knowledge of global relocation and assignment management
- 3 to 5 years global relocation and/or related industry experience required
- BA/BS in related field
- Demonstrated ability to use appropriate computer systems and software, including Word, Excel, internet, email and database computer systems
- Prior experience with an international tax or immigration firm, a plus
- Language skills in two or more languages preferred
- Credit-worthy to pay travel expenses and obtain reimbursement
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
Communication - Effectively listens to clients and employees to understand their needs and issues. Demonstrates strong communication skills. Uses well-developed written and verbal skills to communicate facts and ideas to assignees and clients with appropriate tone, style and clarity of thought
Relationship Management - Demonstrated ability to engage with clients, suppliers and employees in a variety of situations, including issue resolution. Demonstrated skills in relationship development, including consultative capability and client presentations.
Analysis/Prioritization - Attention to detail; ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task required. Financial and analytical skills
Service Delivery - Clear customer service focus. Ability to understand, meet and exceed client expectations.
Problem Solving - Proactively anticipates, identifies and determines solutions for issues and problems. Immediately and appropriately addresses issue escalations. Relies on data, own experiences, others’ perspectives, and NuCompass processes when evaluating courses of action and making recommendations and decisions.